Have you ever stopped and wrote about what brings you joy? This past month I have really tried to slow down my fast pace and stop to think about and enjoy all the things that bring me joy. I also have found myself reflecting on the things that bring happiness into my life. What is the difference? This is something I have pondered about and have become hyper sensitive to what it is that brings me these great emotions…
Gretchin Rubin: A writer and podcaster (not sure if that is a word ) talks about what 18 things she wants to do in 2018 that brings her joy or what will make her life easier (in turn make her happy). I now have a list of my own – of 18 things in 2018. What would your list include?
Happiness – comes in moments- a good joke or a great treat- the things below bring me happiness:
- Having all the lids match in the Tupperware drawer, or all the socks have matches from the laundry.
- Having a clean home!
- Laundry done, or dishes washed (If both were done it’s a bonus )
- Eating a nice dinner and feeling refreshed!
- Working hard and feeling my body get stronger…
- Noah makes his bed the first time I ask – not the fifth!
- Seeing progress in my hard work, and setting new goals when Plan A doesn’t work
Joy for me… (Joy that is long lasting! Sustainability)
- Noah and Abbi’s laugh.
- Swimming in Jenny’s Blue eyes – knowing I am understood and loved.
- Feeling the love of God in his creations around me- Waterfalls, Mountains, and Outdoors.
- Tender mercies reminding me that there is so much more to life than just what we see… (finding a dime on the ground).
- Connecting to those I love and sharing moments of vulnerability, knowing I am safe.
- When I write and realize God is using me for an instrument to share his message.
- Giving my time and means to someone to make their life better.
In my study I have found that Joy is brought about in our life as we live in a state of gratitude. (Brene Brown’s work).
I was thinking, what is it for all of you… what brings you happiness, in comparison to Joy? What are your thoughts? And if you were to construct a list of 18 things to do in 2018 – what are some of your items?